Monday, February 18, 2008

Spud Update

Spudlet turned 18 months last Friday, the 15th. At one point we thought we would be traveling this week to bring him home. It appears now as though we will not travel until April.

I got a call from a wonderful mama who returned home with her beautiful child last week. She shared that Spud is TINY, like 12-18 months-pants-size-tiny. He likes lollipops and bubbles, but he is very shy and apprehensive. He has some hair now. He seems sad.

I have been praying that God softens Spud's heart for us and that his hurts can heal. I know He is holding him in the palm of His hand.

Amen.

4 comments:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Little Spud's photo is so precious. Praying he's home really soon...
jen in MI

LISA said...

He definetly needs to be with you soon.

Erica said...

Praying for you my friend. Spud needs his mama. Take comfort in knowing that God loves the little children and spud is in the best of care.

Praying Jesus calms him and he's ready for you when the time comes. I can't imagine how hard this wait is for you.

Much love and hugs.

Annie said...

Thinking of you....How you must be longing to have him in your arms!!! This part of the wait just plain old stinks :( But you know that Spud is in the Lord's hands and I know that trust is helping you get through this. Keeping you and Spud in prayer.