Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's a God Thing

Actually, I don't care for that phrase because EVERYTHING is a God thing. But something did happen on Wednesday to remind me that He's in control.

I planned to make a quick stop at the post office to use the debit/credit machine (I never have cash) to buy some stamps. All I needed was stamps. Of course, the machine was out of order, and I had to stand in a 35-mile-long line for the window. I was majorly annoyed and almost left. But I NEEDED stamps, so I whined a little and stood in line feeling like these things always happen to me. Whah.

Next thing I know, a woman walks in with a little cutie pie baby and gets in line behind me. I make googly eyes at the kid and ask the momma how old he is. She says he's 18 months. I tell her that we're adopting an 18-month-old. She asks from where. I say Ethiopia. She says (you guessed it), that her son is from ETHIOPIA!!! We have the most lovely conversation for the 34 miles left of the line and end up exchanging emails and talking about getting together.

There are about 75,000 people in our town and about 26 families who have adopted from Ethiopia. What are the chances I'd be standing in line at the post office with one of them? God knows the chances.

Peace.

4 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

how fun!! Makes me wonder how many of those amazing moments I miss in my day because of MY agenda!!

Erica said...

How cool is that?! Totally a God designed moment. Now hurry up phone call about court! Praying things went smoothly.

Stacie said...

That's so cool! I love those moments! It reminds me to be patient because there is always a reason for a line, or traffic, or whatever. (I'm not always patient though! I forget a lot!)

Annie said...

I love those times....in my family, we call those "God's kisses"!! Nothing is a coincidence!