Friday, January 18, 2008

Comfort and Joy

As we wait this week to hear the outcome of our third court date, I have been comforted by the Confession we prayed this Sunday at church. I thought it might comfort you, as well.

"Lord Jesus, we admit that sometimes our faith is weak. Many times we want to control the outcome of situations in our lives, rather than trusting You. Sometimes we feel as if we're not good enough to be blessed with the strength and peace that You promise Your people. We get anxious; we worry, and our thoughts turn to "What about me?" rather than "What does my God have in store for me?" Too often we live like we matter most. And so we have sinned in our thoughts, words, and deeds. We ask for Your forgiveness, Your strength, and Your peace. We pray this morning that our faith in You and our ability to hear Your voice would increase as You desire. In Your name, Jesus, we pray. Amen"

God is good. ALL the time.

Peace.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Praying you hear SOON!!!

Stacie said...

That is beautiful and much needed for me to hear this morning. Thanks for sharing and I hope to hear good news soon for your family!

Annie said...

My prayers are with you :)

LISA said...

I LOVE that!