Friday, May 2, 2008

Poor Spuddy

Spud visited the doctor today to begin his immunizations. Poor thing had 6 shots. Ouch!

Here's one side:


And here's the other:


Next month he'll have to have 6 more shots and 6 more two months after that. Then he'll be caught up.

I had to hold him down while the nurse used him for target practice -- that was awful. Next time I'll be taking grandma to hold him down and I'll wait outside. Spud was so mad at me he wouldn't look at me all the way home and then he refused to eat lunch.

After his nap Spud gimped around like an old man. Since he had shots in both legs, he couldn't figure out which one to favor, so he would take a step and lift one, then take a step and lift the other. I felt terrible for him.

Spud continues to find new ways to make us laugh. WMWM, Tater, Race & I all wear glasses. Spud thinks he should be wearing them too, so he keeps trying to take ours off so he can try them out. Finally I gave him a pair of my old glasses to keep him busy. I'm pretty blind, so he toddled around like a drunken sailor for awhile.



Here is a fun picture that obviously wasn't taken today!



Hoping for a return of the happy face tomorrow.

Peace.

5 comments:

LISA said...

Ahhh, poor baby!! He looks like he has enough bandaids to last awhile!!He's so cute.Looks so studeous in the glasses.Professor Spud!

Annie said...

Ohh, poor guy!! Here's hoping that he's feeling better soon. How heart-wrenching for BOTH of you to go through those shots!!

Such a cutie-pie!!

Stacie said...

Poor Spud!

He looks like you in those glasses! Cutie!

Erica said...

Poor baby!! He is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

awwww~poor thing!!

he is totally adorable!